Today’s growing businesses rely more on their network to carry out mission- critical business activities. Deployment of VoIP and IP surveillance needs the network intelligence to separate the voice and video traffic from data, and prioritize them accordingly. However, companies do not necessarily have more money or advanced training to deal with complex managed switches.
NETGEAR® Smart Managed Plus Switches meet this growing need by providing fundamental network features such as VLANs, QoS, and IGMP Snooping that will help optimize the performance of business networks. Smart Managed Plus Switches come in a variety of configurations ranging from 5 port desktop to 48 port rackmount. Some models support Power- over-Ethernet (PoE) and can power devices such as IP phones, IP surveillance cameras and wireless access points with just an Ethernet cable; perfect for low cost PoE deployments. Smart Managed Plus Switches are the perfect upgrade from the plug-and-play unmanaged switch, delivering essential networking features at a very affordable price.
• VLAN support for traffic segmentation
• Quality of Service (QoS) for traffic prioritization
• Auto “denial-of-service” (DoS) prevention
• Troubleshoot connection issues via cable test
• Loop detection and broadcast storm controls
• IGMP snooping v1, v2 and v3 support for multicast optimization
• Rate limiting for better bandwidth allocation
• Port mirroring for network monitoring